Tuesday 13 September 2011

Ruba Khan

Hello,
My name is Ruba Khan and I currently attend West Hatch Sixth Form. I started off studying Media at GCSE level where our task was to construct a print publication for a chosen product. As a team we chose to advertise a chocolate bar which we had to design together. We each got a different responsibility which we then discussed. My main role was to edit and design original images using Fire Fox and Photoshop. I enjoyed it immensely thus, decided to carry it onto AS. In AS we worked towards producing an opening sequence for a film. We divided the responsibilities equally, therefore we all had to do one of the roles atleast once. This included editing using Final Cut Express, being the director, being the cameraman and being the actor. I have now carried it onto A2 whilst receiving qualifications in GCSE and AS meaning that I have been able to improve my media skills vastly and I will now be able to use them to the best of my ability for A2 whilst producing a music video with my group.
Last year I joined up to a Media Club outside of school in my own time, in which we also had to create a music video amongst unfamiliar people. This has enabled me to use those skills in this coursework by communicating with my group correctly and using all the technological skills I adapted. This includes Adobe Fireworks in which I gained many skills such as using 9 Slice Scaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment