Friday 25 November 2011

The Trip

As a media student I visited Rich Mix with my media group as part of a school trip. This helped us all with our coursework and allowed us to attain deeper knowledge on music videos as a whole. We were honoured to be able to watch well-established music videos from the 1930's onwards and we saw how they progressed over time. The presenters gave us a greater understanding on the production side behind music videos - what the audience does not see. This included things such as; production cost, the cast & crew needed, the permission to carry out certain things, make sure it is not copyrighted, the permission to use the chosen location, ensure it attracts the demographics and much more. Many things I had never realised one would need to go through this before proceeding. It made me realise how tough and time-consuming it is to make a music video. It requires a group effort otherwise it does not meet the high standards. The work load needs to be split up between the production team in order to make it possible to go further. 
The presenters showed us several music videos from different time periods and they told us a bit about their history. Then they explained how long, how much and how they produced it all. I found this very interesting as I had never been to anything like this before, so I was able to gain further knowledge to help me with this coursework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment